Friday, October 29, 2010

Origin

One of the first drawings I did after high school. Of course like any 18 year old male.I did want to just draw any o female. Thats when I would try to pay attention to what my younger brother hated. My younger brother has always been concerned about tying to fit in to the popular crowd. He jumped into a local trend of never date anyone in your own race. So he distanced himself from white women. So I I knew the majority of the women I would draw would be white. Then I overheard a comment my brother made about women who dye there hair wild colors,  pierce  there face and get tattoos where no more than freaks of nature. Ironicly, I was really into girls like that. So that what I would draw. I would continue to draw for the next 5 years. in various types. Portraits and nudes.

The source photo for this particular drawing was quite small. But I have to say there was quite an a improvement from the original drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment