Monday, October 18, 2010

Seen it all

One of the first portraits I did after I had started dating my wife in 2003. The deal was to continue to draw, just no more nude portraits that I have been used doing in the last 5 years. So I just grabbed a mountain of random stock photos the first being...

When I look back, I find this drawing interesting because about three years prior to drawing this, I was studying witchcraft . My teacher at the time had asked me to look into my hands when I was asleep and was aware that I was dreaming. When this happen not only did I look at my hands. I was also in front of a mirror and looked at my face. My face in the dream was not from what this face looks like.

Other that relating this to my dream, when I see this face, I see a man who has probably been through a lot and has seen it a lot. He is probably a fountain of information.

The sad thing is that I'm sure a lot of younger people would see this and just see a dirty, old, ugly man.

I noticed still that the hardest part of drawing older people is the grey hair. You can obviously tell that after seven years I'm still struggling with that detail

No comments:

Post a Comment